Every week, New York City’s own party messiah takes your life questions and sets you safely down the right path to a solution in his new weekly advice column in The Village Voice. Read the latest edition of Ask Andrew W.K. below or by clicking HERE.
A full archive of Ask Andrew W.K. can be found HERE.
Need his help? Just send him an email at: AskAWK@villagevoice.com
This week Andrew has traded the slush-covered streets of New York City for the Wifi-free high seas, so here’s a context-free sampling of his more memorable lines from his advice columns in the Voice. W.K. will return next week.
Click the date next to each quote to read the full column.
• “Let’s appreciate how one of the absolute best things in the whole world is accomplished by simply melting cheese on chips.” (12/17/14)
• “We must decide to follow our dream no matter how hard it feels. We must commit!” (7/23/14)
• “So, as Emily Dickinson so perfectly put it, ‘The heart wants what the heart wants.'” (11/26/14)
• “He might just not realize how much of a jerk he’s being.” (7/30/14)
• “We can only learn so much about our minds, because we are using our minds to do so.” (10/29/14)
• “People don’t stop partying because they get old, they get old because they stop partying.” (10/22/14)
• “Few inventions have had a more beneficial and simultaneously dehumanizing impact on daily life than motor vehicles.” (8/20/14)
• “The world isn’t being destroyed by democrats or republicans, red or blue, liberal or conservative, religious or atheist — the world is being destroyed by one side believing the other side is destroying the world.” (8/6/14)
• “Work so hard on what you love that you don’t even notice the assholes anymore. We won’t let anyone stop our party.” (4/30/14)
• “The same people who say pizza is bad because it’s not ‘natural’ could also say electric guitar is bad because it didn’t naturally fall from the sky in one piece.” (9/24/14)